MiiRO CHOCOLATE CREPES
Serve: 6-8 tortillas
Preparation time: 15 minutes
• 2/3 cup buckwheat four
• 1/3 cup almond flour
• 1/3 cup white rice flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
• Pinch of salt
• 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
• 1 2/3 cup almond milk
• 1 tbsp neutral oil (coconut oil)
• 2 tsp vanilla exact
• extra oil for the pan
Filling and decoration:
• MiiRO popsicles
• Banana, fruits
• Toasted chocolate chips
• Peanut butter or Caramel sauce
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and cacao powder) together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare the wet mixture. Prepare 2 flax eggs by whisking 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Add the almond milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
3. Pour the wet mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula until you reach a smooth and homogeneous texture. If the batter is too dry and compact, add some extra milk.
4. Coat a non-sticky skillet with some extra oil and put on medium heat.
5. When the skillet is hot, pour in a scoop of the pancake batter and cook until bubbles pop at
the surface (2-3 minutes). At this moment, turn the tortilla in the pan and cook the second side
until brown (1-2 minutes).
6. Serve as tortillas, wrapping some MiiRO popsicles, bananas, coconut chips and drizzle some
peanut butter or chocolate sauce; or can be served as pancakes with maple syrup.
To find out more about our 'Salted Caramel' MiiRO, head over and read all about it here