Serve: 1 Preparation time: 10 minutes
Hot cocoa ingredients:
• Hazelnut milk : 1 cup
• Oat milk : 1 cup
• Water : 1/2 cup
• Cocoa powder : 3 tbsp
• Agave nectar : 2 tbsp
• Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
• Cinnamon : 1/4 tsp
• Nutmeg : 1/8 tsp
• Maca powder (optional) : 1/4 tsp
• One Hazelnut MiiRO popsicle
• Coconut whipped cream
• Vegan marshmallows
Directions: Prepare the hot cocoa:
1. Pour the hazelnut milk, oat milk and water in a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer over medium heat.
2. Add cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla ans spices and whisk vigorously to combine and avoid clumps to form.
3. Serve warm in a mug with coconut whipped cream, vegan marshmallow and dip your favorite MiiRO ice-cream in.
For the coconut whipped cream (optional):
• 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place your coconut milk can in the fridge overnight in order to allow the cream and the liquid to separate. Never shake the can during all the process.
2. Put the bowl and the whisker of your food processor in the fridge.
3. Open the coconut milk can and scoop the top layer of solid cream that has formed and put in the food processor bowl. Whip on high speed until the cream starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar according to your preferences, and whip again to combine. The longer you whip, the fluffier the cream will become. When you have the desired texture, you can set the cream in fridge to solidify.
One big skillet / 5 servings
Baking time : 20 minutes
We are very happy to announce MiiRO will be launched this week in many stores. After 2 years of research and development, we are very excited but also intimidated to launch and share it with a wider audience in many amazing stores such as Whole Foods Market, Planet Organic or As Nature Intended. We will update our website and social media very soon with a stockists list.
We hope you will love MiiRO as much as we do and we look forward to your feedback.
MiiRO wins 2016 Innovation Challenge Award
We are proud to announce that MiiRO was awarded the Silver Innovation Award at Lunch!
Designed to promote and celebrate new ideas in the market place, the prestigious Innovation Challenge Awards, attracted over 60 entrants this year. The 16 short-listed finalists, decided by popular vote at the Innovation Challenge gallery on lunch!’s opening day, were invited to pitch their new innovations to a panel of industry judges on Wednesday 21 September.
This year’s five judges included Angelina Harrisson, food and commercial director at Tossed; Martin Hambleton, head of procurement at En Route International; Louise Direito, global senior food & beverage innovation manager at Costa Coffee; Sandy Anderson, senior buyer at Elior; and Neville Moon, owner of The Food Innovation Consultancy, who called lunch! 2016 an “excellent source of inspiration” and “genuine innovation”.